Medical & Health Professions Education Program Computer Standards
These computer standards are set for the incoming students August 2015. Each student must have a personal computer capable of running the necessary software and applications used in our curriculum. The standards listed below are the minimum necessary for a student to successfully participate in this program.
All computer related support, troubleshooting, and updates will be the student’s responsibility. Purchase of a service plan is highly suggested.
Students eligible for federal financial aid may be able to increase their financial aid budget to cover the cost of a computer. Please contact the EVMS Office of Financial Aid for additional information at email@example.com or 757-446-5804.
- Processor: minimum dual core
- RAM: minimum 4 GB
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- Either an internal CD/DVD drive or an external USB CD/DVD drive
- Wireless card that supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (additional support for 802.11ac is preferred)
- Windows 7 or 8 (32 or 64 bit) Home Premium or higher is recommended
- MAC OSX 10.6 or higher will likely work
- PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 and Mozilla Firefox
- MAC: Safari versions 3.2.1 or higher and Mozilla Firefox
- The computer cannot be more than 2 years old
- A warranty and service plan matching the duration of the program
- Microsoft Office 2010 Standard Edition or Higher
- THIS CAN BE PURCHASED THROUGH EVMS AT A REDUCED RATE AFTER ENROLLMENT
- External Storage device for data backup