Requirements for Admission
- Complete and submit online application, including $60 nonrefundable application fee.
- A bachelor's degree awarded by a regionally accredited institution in the field of health care, education, management, or related disciplines.
- Qualifying Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better (on a 4-point scale), taken from the highest of the following three possible calculations:
- Completed Undergraduate GPA (foreign degrees considered on a case by case basis)
- Completed U.S. graduate degree GPA
- A Replacement GPA computed from the most recent 30 semester credit hours of U.S. coursework. This is a one-time calculation based on the transcript and will not be re-calculated in spite of completing additional courses. Applicants without 30 semester credits completed in the U.S. will not qualify for a replacement GPA.
- Three letters of recommendation and evaluations from individuals who can reasonably assess the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the program. The letters and evaluations should be completed electronically via the EVMS application system.
- Personal essay of approximately 300-500 words describing how this program will enhance the applicant's academic and/or professional career goals.
- Current resume/CV documenting professional experience and educational achievements.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended sent electronically or mailed in a sealed, unopened envelope directly to the EVMS Office of Admissions & Enrollment. Transcripts from institutions that awarded a degree must include the date upon which the degree was issued.
International Applicants only:
English Proficiency Exams. Competitive applicants should achieve or surpass the following scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 80 for the iBT (preferred), 213 for CBT, or 550 for the PBT. Scores must have been obtained within two years of the application date. This requirement will be waived for applicants who have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States.
In addition to official transcripts, applicants must provide both a transcript evaluation and translation, including a course-by-course evaluation and an overall GPA calculation: