Requirements for Admission
- Complete and submit an online application, including a $60 non-refundable application fee.
- A bachelor’s degree in science or related fields awarded by a regionally accredited institution.
- Qualifying Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better (on a 4-point scale), taken from the highest of the following three possible calculations:
- Completed Undergraduate GPA (foreign degrees considered on a case by case basis)
- Completed U.S. graduate degree GPA
- A Replacement GPA computed from the most recent 30 semester credit hours of U.S. coursework. This is a one-time calculation based on the transcript and will not be re-calculated in spite of completing additional courses. Applicants without 30 semester credits completed in the U.S. will not qualify for a replacement GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can reasonably assess the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the online master’s program.
- Personal essay of approximately 300-500 words describing how this program will enhance the applicant's academic and/or professional career goals.
- Current resume/CV documenting professional experience and educational achievements.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended sent electronically or in a sealed, unopened envelope directly to the EVMS Office of Admissions & Enrollment. Transcripts from institutions that awarded a degree must include the date upon which the degree was issued.
International Applicants only:
English Proficiency Exams. Competitive applicants should achieve or surpass the following scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 80 for the iBT (preferred), 213 for CBT, or 550 for the PBT. Scores must have been obtained within two years of the application date. This requirement will be waived for applicants who have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States.
In addition to official transcripts, applicants must provide both a transcript evaluation and translation, including a course-by-course evaluation and an overall GPA calculation:
The application submission and review is on a rolling schedule for students seeking entry into the program. Applications received will be considered based on merit and space availability. Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible, and students will be notified of the admission committee’s decision. Students who plan to seek financial aid are advised to submit their applications as early as possible. Upon acceptance into the program, a $300 non-refundable matriculation fee (which will be credited towards the first semester's tuition) is required to secure class placement.
Official transcripts, scores, and supportive application documents should be electronically submitted or mailed to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment for Health Professions at the address below. If you experience technical difficulties or related problems in completing your online application, please contact:
EVMS School of Health Professions
Office of Admissions and Enrollment
Attention: Healthcare Analytics Program
Eastern Virginia Medical School
700 W. Olney Road, Room 1155
Norfolk, VA 23507-1607
Tel: 757.446.7437 or 757.446.7153