Epidemiology-Biostatistics Research Support
The Epidemiology-Biostatistics Research Support Core fosters excellence in research by providing epidemiologic and biostatistical expertise and education to the academic health center.
- The services are available to all EVMS faculty, staff, residents, and students.
- Biomedical research requires rigorous methodological rationale combined with strong quantitative analyses.
- In clinical studies, where the number of patients studied is often small, even minor errors in study design can lead to serious misinterpretation of the data.
- Epidemiological and biostatistical approaches are integral parts of the development, implementation, and analysis of clinical research programs.
- Combined with ongoing instructional needs in statistics and research methods, EVMS established Epidemiology-Biostatistics Research Support within the School of Health Professions in 2003.
Please use the following form to request services from the Epi-Bio Core: Epi-Bio Core Service Request Form