Biotechnology Research Master's Program Admissions Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or graduate degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher preferred. We consider the applicant's entire record, and applicants with a GPA of 2.8-3.0 may be accepted. For example, applicants whose grades have increased over time or who had poor grades for a year due to illness may be accepted with a GPA as low as 2.8. We pay special attention to science and math course grades and we prefer to accept applicants with mostly A's and B's in these courses.
- Competitive scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL; International applicants only)
Have successfully completed:
- Biology (2 semesters with labs)
- General Chemistry (2 semesters with labs)
- Mathematics, e.g., Calculus or Statistics (1 semester)
- Additional Math or Physics (1 semester)
Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor's degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. If the bachelor's degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institutution. However, the program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.