William D. Ford Federal Direct Stafford Loan
Graduate students are only eligible to receive the unsubsidized William D. Ford Federal Stafford Loan. Unsubsidized means the loan accrues interest in the student's name during periods of enrollment, grace, deferrment or forbearance, as well as repayment.
- Interest rate is 5.41%
- 1.072% origination/default fee held by federal processer from each disbursement
- 6-month grace period between enrollment and repayment
- Annual limit
- Health Professions - $20,500
- Doctor of Medicine - $40,500 (higher during M3 and M4 years)
- Aggregate for undergraduate and graduate is
- Health Professions - $138,000
- Doctor of Medicine - $224,000
Standard repayment is over ten years. Higher levels of borrowing may entitle borrower up to 25 years to repay under certain repayment options.