Title VII Financial Aid - Do You Qualify?
U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Title VII financial aid is available only for Doctor of Medicine students at EVMS. Available Title VII financial aid includes Loans for Disadvantaged Students and Primary Care Loans. See the HRSA sites for detailed environmental and economic criteria.
- Indicate your interest on your online EVMS Financial Aid & Scholarship Application.
- For Loans for Disadvantaged Students only:
- write a brief essay explaining why you qualify (economic or environmental);
- provide your parents' financial information on your FAFSA and one parent's signature via his or her FAFSA PIN;
- a signed copy of your parents' tax return for the appropriate year; if your parents did not and were not required to file federal taxes, they must complete the non-filer statement;
- provide a parents' asset statement; and
- provide a signed copy of your federal tax return transcript for the information provided on the FAFSA (if you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your data); if you did not and were not required to file a federal tax return, provide a student's non-filer statement.
Primary Care Loans are based on your commitment to serve as a primary care physician following your education at EVMS.
Both loans carry a low interest rate and interest subsidies while enrolled and in residency. Only Loans for Disadvantaged Students may be consolidated with other federal education loans and thus may be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness and/or income based repayment options.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions you have about the application process.