Who is eligible to apply?
To qualify and maintain eligibility for Federal Student Aid programs, an applicant must:
- be accepted for admission to Eastern Virginia Medical School;
- be enrolled in good standing at least half time;
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- be registered with the Selective Service if a male, at least 18 years old, under 26 years old, and not currently a member of the Armed Forces;
- not be in default on a previous student loan or owe a refund on any Title IV funds received at another educational institution;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress; and
- be creditworthy (for credit based loans).
To qualify and maintain eligibility for EVMS Institutional aid programs, in addition to the above requirements, an applicant must meet requirements for institutional aid programs as specified by the donor(s) and/or aid program(s).