Financial Aid Code of Conduct
The Eastern Virginia Medical School Office of Financial Aid adheres to and supports the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) Statement of Ethical Principals and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals.
- Revenue Sharing Prohibition: Eastern Virginia Medical School financial aid employees are prohibited from receiving anything of value from any vendor or financial institution in exchange for any advantage sought by that entity.
- Gift and Trip Prohibition: Eastern Virginia Medical School financial aid employees are prohibited from taking anything of more than nominal value from any vendor or financial institution. This includes a prohibition on trips for financial aid officers and other college officials paid for by vendors or financial institutions.
- Advisory Board Compensation Rules: Eastern Virginia Medical School Financial Aid employees are prohibited from receiving anything of value for serving on the advisory board of any vendor or financial institution.
- Lender List Guidelines: If Eastern Virginia Medical School at any time provides a list of private lenders to students, selection of lenders is based solely on the best interest of students who may use the list without regard to financial interests of the school. Students wishing to receive a historical list of private lenders students have used over the past three years may contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- Lender Disclosure: If at any time a lender list is developed, Eastern Virginia Medical School will disclose the criteria and process used to select lenders on the lender list. Students will also be told that they have the right to select the lender of their choice regardless whether or not that lender is on any a lender list.
- Loan Resale Disclosure: If at any time a lender list is developed, no lender on the Eastern Virginia Medical School lender list will have an agreement to sell its loans to another lender without disclosing this fact.
- Additions to the Lender List: No lender may request to be a lender on the list with respect to a certain type of loan by providing benefits to a school as to another type of loan. Lenders interested in being reviewed for the Lender List must complete a form provided by the Office of Financial Aid and disclose borrower benefits, customer care, technology information, and be in agreement with this Code of Conduct. At this time, Eastern Virginia Medical School does not have a list of preferred lenders.
- Call-Center Prohibition: Eastern Virginia Medical School ensures that employees of financial institutions never identify themselves to students as employees of the school. No employee of a financial institution is working or providing staffing in the Eastern Virginia Medical School financial aid office.
- Legal Compliance: EVMS shall comply with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations to administer federal and state student financial aid.
Any questions, feedback or concerns regarding student financial aid will be answered promptly by the Office of Financial Aid Office or the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid.