Each student must have a personal computer capable of running the necessary software and applications used in our curriculum. The standards listed below are the minimum necessary for a student to successfully participate in this program. All computer related support, troubleshooting, and updates will be the student’s responsibility. Purchase of a service plan is highly suggested. Students eligible for federal financial aid may be able to increase their financial aid budget to cover the cost of a computer. Please contact the EVMS Office of Financial Aid for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-446-5804.
- Processor: minimum dual core
- RAM: minimum 4 GB
- 60 GB Sata Hard Drive or greater
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- Either an internal CD/DVD drive or an external USB CD/DVD drive
- Wireless card that supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (additional support for 802.11ac is preferred)
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (32 or 64 bit) Home Premium or higher is recommended
- MAC OSX 10.8.x, 10.10.4 or 10.11 will likely work
- (MAC operating system are not officially supported at EVMS)
- Microsoft Office 2010 Standard Edition or Higher (can be purchased through EVMS at a reduced rate after enrollment).
- PC: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 and Mozilla Firefox
- MAC: Safari versions 9.0.3 or higher and Mozilla Firefox
- (Do not use beta versions of these browsers)