Please review and complete the items on the checklist below to ensure eligibility for EVMS’ 2016 Commencement and related activities.
- January: Review Graduate Instructions to familiarize yourself with all procedures and deadlines for Commencement.
- January: MD 2016 graduates begin selection for class Osler awards.
- January: Student Government Association (SGA) begins selection process for MD and HP Leadership Awards and Staff Recognition Award.
- January - February: Register for Commencement. You will register your intent to participate in Commencement, order regalia, and more.
- February: Tell your family and guests. Information for family and guests attending the ceremonies is available here with details about hotel accommodations, the venue and ceremony, parking, maps, etc. Book hotel rooms for out of town guests. More info.
- February 2: Osler and SGA Leadership and Recognition Award recipients due to EVMS Student Affairs.
- February 4: Attend EVMS Employment Fair in Lester Hall, Room 104; 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- February 4: PA Class of 2016, SA Class of 2016, ATC Class of 2016, MM Class of 2016, Biomedical Sciences Research Class of 2016, Biotechnology Class of 2016 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in Lester Hall, Room 135. Required attendance.
- February 12: Deadline for name changes to appear on diplomas. Name changes requested after this date may still be processed, however, students will be assessed a $35 reorder fee for replacement diplomas. To make name changes, please complete Name Change Instructions or contact the Registrar at 757.446.5805.
- February – April: Order your graduation announcements.
- March-April: Register for graduation activities and events.
- March 11: Deadline to register for Commencement and order regalia. A $100 late fee will be charged to all graduate regalia orders placed after this date.
- March 10: MD Class of 2016 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. in Lester Hall, Room 135. Required attendance.
- April: Verify your eligibility for graduation. Ensure you have met all non-academic (library obligations, etc.) and academic requirements.
- April 8: Submit ticket request to Brenda Balschmiter for the School of Health Professions Reception and Ebony Drayton for School of Medicine Reception.
- April 11: Alumni website becomes available for all 2016 graduates to create profiles.
- April 15: Deadline for all official names to be submitted to the Registrar. Due to production deadlines, any name changes made after this date will not be reflected in the Commencement program and other printed materials. To make name changes, please complete Name Change Instructions or contact the Registrar at 757.446.5805.
- April 18: Health Professions students begin picking up reception tickets from program directors and/or class presidents. School of Medicine students begin picking up reception tickets from the Office of Student Affairs, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- April 29: Last day to register for Commencement and order regalia ($100 late fee will apply). Registrations cannot be accepted after this date.
May 17: Attend the MD Student Awards Ceremony in McCombs Auditorium at 5:30 p.m.
- May 20: Attend mandatory Commencement rehearsal and pick up regalia at Norfolk Scope. Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. Readers will be available onsite to review name pronunciation.
- May 20: Deadline for when graduates must complete all degree requirements in order to receive live diplomas at Commencement. Graduates who fulfill their degree requirements after this date must contact the EVMS Registrar to get their diplomas.
- May 21: Attend EVMS Commencement at Norfolk Scope. Graduates must arrive by 8:30 a.m. for check-in.
- May 23-27: Get your EVMS Alumni gear before you leave the area. Items are available at the Matthew's EVMS bookstore.
- May 27: Return checked-out regalia to avoid penalties; return to Julie Seals in EVMS Special Events, 4th Floor, Andrews Hall, Room 446, 757.446.6189.