Please review and complete the items on the checklist below to ensure eligibility for EVMS’ 2014 Commencement and related activities.
- January: Review Graduate Instructions to familiarize yourself with all procedures and deadlines for Commencement.
- January: MD 2014 graduates begin selection for class Osler awards.
- January: Pan Student Council begins selection process for MD and HP Leadership Awards and Staff Recognition Award.
- January - February: Order regalia.
- February: Tell your family and guests. Information for family and guests attending the ceremonies is available here with details about hotel accommodations, the venue and ceremony, parking, maps, etc.
- February: Book hotel rooms for out of town guests. More info.
- February 4: SA Class of 2014, AT Class of 2014, Bio Med Masters and Bio Research Class of 2014 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 3:30 – 5:30pm in Lester Hall, Room 135. Required attendance.
- February 17: Tickets distributed for the School of Medicine Banquet. Contact Andrew Holcomb, MD 2014 Class President, for more information.
- February 17 - March 14: Order announcement cards from Ebony Drayton in EVMS Student Affairs at (757) 446-5244.
- February 28: Submit ticket request to Nancy Stromann for the School of Health Professions Reception.
- February 28: Osler and PSC Leadership and Recognition Award recipients due to EVMS Student Affairs.
- March 7: Deadline to order regalia.
- March 13: MD Class of 2014 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 1:30 – 4:30pm in Lester Hall, Room 104. Required attendance.
- March 17: Health Professions students begin picking up reception tickets from program directors.
- March 20: PA Class of 2014 – Federal Financial Aid Exit Counseling; 1:30 – 4:30pm in Lester Hall, Room 104. Required attendance.
- April 1- May 2: Pick up announcement cards from EVMS Student Affairs.
- April 1: MD students return completed Banquet tickets to Andrew Holcomb, MD 2014 Class President.
- April 14: Create alumni profile with EVMS Alumni Affairs.
- April: Verify your eligibility for graduation. Ensure you have met all non-academic (outstanding library books, etc.) and academic requirements.
- May 16: Attend mandatory Commencement rehearsal and pick up regalia at Norfolk Scope. Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m.
- May 16: Give correct name pronunciation to linguist at rehearsal.
- May 16: Deadline for when graduates must complete all degree requirements in order to receive live diplomas at Commencement. Graduates who fulfill their degree requirements after this date must contact the EVMS Registrar to get their diplomas.
- May 17: Attend EVMS Commencement Ceremony at Norfolk Scope. Graduates must arrive by 8:30 a.m. for check-in.
- May 20-31: Purchase EVMS mementos before leaving the area.
- May 23: Return checked-out regalia to avoid penalties; return to Megan Iacobellis in EVMS Special Events, 4th Floor, Smith Rogers Hall, Room 404A (757) 446-6173.
- Ongoing: Make a gift to your alma mater.
* The checklist is subject to change. Please check with your program to ensure all graduation criteria has been met.