School of Health Professions Open House
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Calling all prospective students! Here is your opportunity to investigate EVMS' Health Professions Programs! Meet with faculty, current students and alumni. Talk with representatives from Financial Aid and Admissions. Tour the campus. Registration for the event is now closed! Due to the overwhelming response, we've already reached our maximum capacity. Thank you!
Open House Overview
Check-in at the Registration table in the Brickell Library Atrium in Lewis Hall from 9 - 10 a.m. Our staff will confirm your reservation and provide you with a packet of information that will prepare you for the day. Representatives from Financial Aid and Admissions will be on hand to answer questions.
Welcome to EVMS
Eastern Virginia Medical School is unique -- from its collegial atmosphere to its world-class patient care. Whether in the laboratory or the lecture hall, we're focused on protecting the health and well-being of our community. Learn more about what makes EVMS special in McCombs Auditorium in Lewis Hall.
10:45 AM - 12:15 PM
Delve into your program of interest. Attend an information session, meet the program's director and faculty, ask questions, tour facilities. Meet current students and alumni.
- Art Therapy & Counseling: Program Overview; Alumni Panel; Tour; and Q&A session
- Biomedical Sciences: General information about the Biomedical Sciences, PhD, Research Master's and Biotechnology Master's Programs; Laboratory Research Presentations.
- Medical Master's: Program introduction; thoughts from a student’s perspective; tour the Anatomy Lab; Q&A session
- Physician Assistant: Join representative faculty, staff, and students for an informal presentation to discuss the PA Program, admission requirements and didactic and clinical training. A Q&A session with faculty & students will also be conducted.
- PA Fellowship in Emergency Medicine: Learn about this unique one-year fellowship program sponsored by Emergency Physicians of Tidewater.
- Public Health: General information and tracks; what EVMS and ODU have to offer students; Job market; Moldova opportunity; Community opportunities; CPH exam preparation; Q&A with current students.
- Surgical Assistant: Engage in a conversation with program faculty and current students about the admission requirements, didactic and clinical training of the Master of Surgical Assisting Program.
- Distance Learning: Learn about EVMS' master's programs offered via distance learning: Clinical Embryology & Andrology, Laboratory Animal Science, and Medical & Health Professions Education.
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Secondary Program Interest Information Session
Program representatives will be available for prospective students who may be interested in more than one of the programs that the School of Health Professions has to offer in Lester Hall, room 104.
11:45 AM - 1:30 PM
Walking Campus Tours | Financial Aid & Admissions
Optional tours of the EVMS campus leave from the Lester Hall Lobby at 11:45; 12:15 and 12:45. Visit Financial Aid and Admissions tables.
Biomedical Sciences Programs Information Session with research presentations and laboratory demonstrations continues until 2:30 PM