EVMS Psychiatry Residency - Clinical Sites
The EVMS Psychiatry Residency Training Program provides training at the following facilities:
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital – A 525-bed tertiary care facility, is home to the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and burn trauma unit. Residents have part of their inpatient experience at this hospital.
- Hampton Veterans Administration Medical Center – It is a major training site for our residency program. This historic hospital provides a variety of learning experiences for psychiatry residents, such as: Substance Abuse, Neurology, and Emergency Psychiatry.
- Eastern State Hospital – It is the oldest public mental hospital in the Western Hemisphere. It provides our residents with an enlightening forensic experience.
- Riverside Behavior Health Center – This hospital provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to children. The residents complete their child rotation at this hospital.
- Virginia Beach Community Services Board - It provides a resident with opportunities to assist families in caring for members with mental illness, support and care of older adults, and outpatient services of individuals with mental illness.
- Norfolk Community Services Board - This facility provides residents opportunities to treat Norfolk citizens that have mental health, intellectual disability, and/or substance abuse needs and to provide these citizens the necessary treatment in the community where they live.