Pediatrics Resident Life
We understand Residency is a significant turning point in your development as a physician that brings both excitement and uncertainty. The residents at CHKD are living proof that it is possible to have fun while learning and training in pediatrics.
This is largely because of the truly unique environment of CHKD -- resident to resident, resident to chief resident, resident to faculty, and resident to program director.
- receive 21 PAID vacation days and 5 PAID holidays annually
- have unique educational opportunities
- work directly with knowledgeable and approachable attendings (minimum 2 per discipline)
- work intimately with others dedicated to their academic development while preserving quality of life
- interact with colleagues inside and outside of work on a regular basis
The residency program's size allows us to be accommodating and flexible with residents who experience life changes at the same time providing a family atmosphere where each resident's voice is always heard. The years you spend at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters will be demanding, but they will surely be some of the most rewarding years of your life.