Residency Curriculum: Rotations
EVMS Pediatric Residents at CHKD select from a wide variety of rotations, both required by the ACGME and elective options, within a framework that is flexible to their individualized curriculum learning goals. While there are many rotations with established goals and objectives, residents have the autonomy to develp their own electives that fulfill their personal and professional amibitions.
- functions as the patient’s primary physician
- responsible for all aspects of the patient’s care under direct supervision from a senior resident and the attending physician
- assigned a continuity clinic attending as their advisor and an upper level resident as a mentor
- assumes an increasing level of responsibility for patient management
- introduction of teaching and team leadership
- multiple months to choose individualized curriculum in areas of interest
- dedicated faculty physicians available as subspecialty advisors
- program leadership will gladly facilitate identifying subspecialty advisors for residents in their areas of interest
- gain extensive experience as teachers and team leaders
- again, multiple months are available to pursue individualized curriculum tailored to each senior resident’s career path
The following graphic depicts an at-a-glance resident rotation overview (download PDF version).
Residents receive 15 days of PAID vacation per year, PLUS an additional 5-6 day PAID holiday break (during either Christmas or New Year's). We make every effort to increase vacation time to 3 FULL weeks. Read more on our resident benefits page.