Thank you for your interest in EVMS Pediatric Residency training at CHKD. We are a resident-directed program that gives trainees opportunities for maximal growth and autonomy, providing our graduates with the wide range of tools necessary to care for children with all levels of medical complexity. The principles of service, community and empowerment through education are core values of our program.
- Highest priority is given to graduates of LCME-accredited medical schools
- All applicants must have a dean’s letter (MSPE) and three letters of recommendation
- All applicants must be within five years of graduation from medical school
- All applicants must have passed Step 1 and taken Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) or the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME/COMLEX) test
Upon receiving an interview invitation for the 2017-2018 season, resident candidates can use the ERAS scheduler tool to view and select one of the available dates. Visit the "Interviews" tab of your AAMC profile. We encourage you to self-schedule early since our calendar fills quickly.
- OCTOBER - 10, 11, 12, 24, 25, 26, 31
- NOVEMBER - 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 28, 29, 30
- DECEMBER - 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14
Out of town candidates will receive complimentary accommodations for one evening at a neighborhood bed and breakfast or contracted hotel.
The selection process evaluates performance on the USMLE examinations, grades in pre-clinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communications skills and personal qualities. We offer 22 general pediatric positions each year.
The department does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veterans’ status or sexual orientation.