EVMS Pediatrics Residency at CHKD
The EVMS Pediatric Residency Program at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters (CHKD) is a three-year program, accredited by the ACGME, leading to certification in General Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics. Our goal is to provide trainees with an enriching experience that allows growth and development on both professional and personal levels.
At our program, residents will always have an opportunity to manage a wide variety of pediatric pathologies, both acute and chronic as well as common and rare pediatric disorders. This experience is enhanced in conjunction with incredible clinical teaching in both inpatient and outpatient settings, an innovative and personalized residency curriculum, and numerous research, academic, or advocacy opportunities. Graduates from our program are completely prepared to enter into a successful career in primary care pediatrics or continue their training in a fellowship program of their choice.
Please explore our website and contact us with any questions about our program.
More about EVMS Pediatric Residency Training at CHKD...
- Resident focused institution with over 50 years of excellence in training residents
- Virginia's only free-standing children's hospital
- 206 inpatient beds with all sub-specialties in-house
- Strong community ties with a well-known reputation for delivering quality and compassionate care
- Referall population in Coastal Virginia & Northeast North Carolina: 3 Million
- Region that offers something for everyone: culture, history, year 'round events and entertainment - all minutes from beautiful beaches!