Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
The Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) fellowship is based at Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters (CHKD) in Norfolk, Virginia. CHKD is the only pediatric tertiary care facility in the region, serving a referral population in excess of 2 million (Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina). The institution provides a broad range of primary, secondary and tertiary care services to a variety of medical and traumatized patients.
Our well established fellowship program, accredited by the ACGME, is open to physicians who have completed a pediatric or emergency medicine residency. Two fellowship positions are awarded annually through the NRMP for a term of 3 years. We offer 4 major experiences: clinical, teaching, administrative and research.
- #1 pediatric regional referral center
- 212 inpatient beds
- receives nearly 6,200 annual admissions
- full range of services in 27 pediatric specialties
- region's only pediatric trauma & burn service
- 1,000 annual PICU admissions
About Our Emergency Department (ED)
- training fellows since 1996
- 28 pediatric ED beds
- 29 PEM attending physicians
- over 50,000 annual pediatric ED visits
Please visit the other pages within this section to learn more about our fellowship program. If you have questions, be sure to visit the "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" page or feel free to contact us.