The Visiting Professor Series of the Tidewater O&O Society will include a series of evenings featuring fabulous social hours, scrumptious dinners and fascinating presentations from leaders in our field. Dates are tentatively scheduled for:
- Thursday, October, 23, 2014 - Dr. James Hadley - Factors to Consider in the Diagnosis and Management of Allergic Rhinitis
- Thursday, November 13, 2014 - Dr. James Sidman – Distraction Osteogenesis of the Mandible for Neonatal Airway Obstruction
- February 26, 2015 - Dr. Roy Casiano – Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery; Limitation and Challenges
- March 19, 2015 - Dr. Carol Bradford – Current State of the Art in Melanoma and Merkel Cell Cancer: The role of the multidisciplinary tumor board
- April 16, 2015 - Dr. Hinrich Staecker -
The list of upcoming topics are interesting and practical topics such as pediatric hearing loss, how to avoid complication after thyroidectomy, role of immunotherapy with grass tablets, and implication of healthcare reform for otolaryngologist. These topics are sure to be clinically applicable.
Traditionally, the costs of the meetings have been largely funded by support from industry and educational grants in addition to membership dues. Obviously, expenses associated with travel and meals are rising, and grants are getting harder to obtain. We expect that several of the meetings each year may be supported partially or fully by membership dues. In order to be able to continue the series over the long term, we need to make sure expenses are covered. To do that, we need your dues. The charge for individual dinner events for those without a membership will be $70.00. RSVPs will also be critical to control costs and will be appreciated. Membership dues for the Visiting Professor series are $200 for active physicians. Resident membership is free. Dues for retired physicians and physicians in their first year of practice are $100. The 2014-2015 TO&O Dues Form can be completed and returned Brittany Nein at the address listed.
Should you have any questions about dues they can be directed to Brittany Nein at 388-6280 or by email at Neinbn@evms.edu.
Joseph K Han, MD
President, Tidewater O&O Society