Stipend Rates & Benefits
Below is the stipend information for the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship:
Program Year 1
- Post Graduate Year 5 - $59,515
Program Year 2
- Post Graduate Year 6 - $60,991
Program Year 3
- Post Graduate Year 7 - $62,621
Monthly Paid Leave
- Vacation: 3 weeks per academic year*
- (15 scheduled workdays)
- Sick: 4 weeks per academic year*
- (20 work days)
- Educational Leave: Subject to approval by the Program Director.
Vacation and sick leave are administered by each residency coordinator. Please refer to the Graduate Medical Education Handbook for more information.
*Prorated if start date is other than July 1st.
G.M.E. Trainees are given one times their base stipend in Group Term life insurance at no cost. Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance is available at full cost to the G.M.E. Trainee.
Group STD is provided by EVMS at no cost to the G.M.E Trainee. Once approved, the benefit provides 100% of monthly base stipend after a 14-day elimination period and all paid leave has been exhausted.
Group LTD is provided by EVMS at no cost to the G.M.E Trainee. Once approved by the insurance carrier, the benefit is 60% of monthly base stipend after a 6-month waiting period. Supplemental LTD is available at full cost to the G.M.E. Trainee.
Professional liability insurance covering medical activities clearly defined within the scope of the training program is provided by the school at no cost to the trainee. Activities outside the program are not covered by the professional liability insurance provided to trainees of Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Eastern Virginia Medical School offers numerous retirement plan options. G.M.E Trainees are eligible to start their own contributions at anytime. G.M.E. Trainees are not eligible for company contributions.
- TIAA-CREF – Currently offers numerous equity funds, a money market account and a fixed rate of return fund.
Trainees are provided group health insurance. The institution offers several policies options and the trainees are covered for the lowest premium option at no cost. If the trainee chooses a more expensive policy or wishes to add a spouse or dependent children, the cost of the coverage selected will be the responsibility of the G.M.E Trainee.
Individual and dependent coverages are available to G.M.E. trainees. The cost of the coverage selected will be the responsibility of the G.M.E Trainee.
Voluntary vision coverage is available to G.M.E. trainees. The cost of the coverage selected will be the responsibility of the G.M.E Trainee.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance rates are subject to change on the 1st of July. Any changes in rates will be reflected in June stipend checks.
- Detailed information on all of the EVMS Benefit offerings is available for viewing at www.benedetails.com
- Login Credentials are provided by your program or by contacting Human Resources.
- Abuhamad A, Chaoui R. A Practical Guide to Fetal Echocardiography
- Belfort M. Critical Care Obstetrics
- Callen. Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Creasy and Resnik's Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice
- SMFM Fellows Retreat
- NICHD Meeting
- Fetal Echocardiography Meeting
- Customized meeting based upon the fellow's clinical and research interest