In this Section
Richard P. Ciavarra
Richard P. Ciavarra, PhD
- Peripheral dendritic cells are essential for both the innate and adaptive antiviral immune response in the CNS. Christina Steel, Suzanne Hahto and Richard P. Ciavarra. Submitted Virology, 2009.
- Regulated expression of CCL21 in the prostate tumor microenvironment inhibits tumor growth and metastases in an orthotopic tumor model. Nazita Yousefieh and Richard P. Ciavarra, Submitted Cancer Microenvironment, 2009.
- Role of Peroxynitrite in the Establishment of an Immunosuppressive Prostate Tumor Microenvironment. Nazita Yousefieh, Cara Jones, Suzanne Hahto and Richard P. Ciavarra. Submitted Experimental Cell Research, 2009.
- An evaluation of an immunolgocail paradigm: Are dendritic cells critical for antiviral immunity and viral clearance? R.P. Ciavarra, A. Stephens, S. Nagy, M. Sekellick, C. Steel, J. Immunol. 177: 492-500, 2006.
- Impact of macrophage and dendritic cell subset elimination on antiviral immunity, viral clearance and production of type 1 interferon. R. P. Ciavarra, A. R. Greene, N. Yousefieh, D. R. Horeth, N. van Rooijen, C. Steel, B. Gregory, M. Birkenbach, M. Sekellick. Virology, 342 (2) 177-189, 2005.
- Prostate tumor microenvironment alters immune cells and prevents long-term survival in an orthotopic mouse model following flt3-ligand/CD40-ligand immunotherapy. R.P. Ciavarra, D. Holterman, P. Mangiotti, N. Yousefieh, P. F. Schellhammer, G. L. Wright, K. D. Somers. J. Immunother, 27: 13-26, 2004.
- R. P. Ciavarra, D. Holterman, M. Garrett, R. R. Brown, W. F. Glass, P. F. Schellhammer, G. L. Wright, K. D. Somers. Impact of the prostate tumor microenvironment on host infiltrating cells and the efficacy of flt3-ligand combination immunotherapy evaluated in a treatment model of prostate tumors. Cancer Immunol. Immunotherapy, 52: 535-545, 2003.
- Somers K. D, R. Brown, N. Yousefieh, D. Holterman, P. Mangiotti, W. F. Glass, P. F. Schellhammer, G. L. Wright, R. P. Ciavarra. Orthotopic treatment model for prostate cancer and metastasis in the immunocompetent mouse: efficacy of flt3-ligand immunotherapy. In press, International J. Cancer, 2003.
- R. P. Ciavarra, Greene AR, Horeth DR, Buhrer K, Van Rooijen N , Tedeschi B. (2000) Antigen processing of vesicular stomatitis virus in situ. Interdigitating dendritic cells present viral antigens independent of marginal dendritic cells but fail to prime CD4+ and CD8+ T cells. Immunology. 101(4): 512-20.
- Ciavarra, R.P., Kathy Buhrer, Nico Van Rooijen & Bruce Tedeschi (1997) T Cell Priming Against Vesicular Stomatitis Virus Analyzed In Situ. Red Pulp Macrophages but not Marginal Metallophilic or Marginal Zone Macrophages are Required for Priming CD4+ and CD8+ T Cells., J. Immunol., 158:1749-1755.
- Bruce Tedeschi and Richard P. Ciavarra (1997) Differential effects of axotomy on the in vivo synthesis of the stress-inducible and constituitive 70kDa heat shock proteins in rat dorsal root ganglia. Mol. Brain Res. 45:199-206.
- Ciavarra, R.P., Charles Goldman, Kuo-Kuang Wen, Bruce Tedeschi, and Frank Castora. (1994) Heat Stress Induces HSC70/nuclear Topoisomerase I Complex Formation In Vivo: Evidence for HSC70-Mediated, ATP-independent Reactivation In Vitro. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., USA, 91:1751-1755.
- Ciavarra, R.P., and Bruce Tedeschi (1994) Role of CD4+ T Cells During Anti-Anti-Viral Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Response. I. Requirement for CD4+ Cells for Priming is Dependent on the Antigen Presenting Cell In Vivo. Richard P. Ciavarra and Bruce Tedeschi. Cell. Immunol. 157:132-143.
- Ciavarra, R.P., Duvall, W., and Castora, F.J. (1992) Induction of thermotolerance in T Cells protects nuclear DNA topoisomerase I from heat stress. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 186:166-172.
- Ciavarra, R.P., and Simeone, A. (1990) T lymphocyte stress response. II. protection of translation and DNA synthesis against some forms of stress by prior hyperthermic stress. Cell Immunology. 131:11-26.
- Ciavarra, R.P., Vitetta, E., Forman, J. (1986) Growth inhibition of a B cell leukemia: evidence implicating an anti-idiotype immune response for protective tumor immunity. Journal of Immunology. 137:1271-1375.