Internal Medicine Faculty & Staff
The faculty and staff in the Department of Internal Medicine are proven leaders in their field, having won numerous awards for scholarly activity and quality patient care. Devoted to teaching, the faculty actively participate in research projects and grand rounds with the residents. (Grand rounds are a teaching tool consisting of meetings where physicians discuss the clinical case of one or more patients.) Teaching is focused on up-to-date, evidence-based medicine, providing our residents with an exceptional knowledge base and clinical skill set.
The qualifications of the staff encompass general or primary-care internal medicine, diabetes and endocrinology, geriatrics, pulmonary and critical care, sleep medicine, and infectious diseases and AIDS.
- Jerry L. Nadler, MD, FAHA, FACP, Professor and Chair, Department of Internal Medicine, Harry H. Mansbach Endowed Chair in Internal Medicine
- James G. Dixon, MD, Vice Chair for Internal Medicine; Program Director, Combined Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Residency Program
- Mitchell Goodman, MD, Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Ian Chen, MD, Associate Chair for Faculty Development, Sickle Cell Program Director
- Mily Kannarkat, MD, Student Clerkship Program Director
- Jody P Boggs, MD, Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program