The Strelitz Diabetes Center
Dedicated to exemplary patient care, innovative research and excellence in education.
The EVMS Strelitz Diabetes Center (SDC) in Norfolk, Virginia, is comprised of a renowned international team of endocrinology experts – clinical providers, scientists and educators – working to find the cure for diabetes and to prevent the debilitating complications of neuropathy and cardiovascular disease. We are committed to improving quality of life for patients with diabetes and other metabolic disorders by developing innovative methods for treatment and diagnosis.
- Improve the quality of life for individuals with diabetes and other metabolic and hormone disorders (thyroid, pituitary, adrenal disease, osteoporosis, elevated cholesterol, and neuro-endocrine tumors) by developing innovative methods for treatment and diagnosis.
- Engage in new and innovative diabetes research to find a cure and prevent the debilitating complications of diabetes, especially diabetic neuropathy (diabetes-related nerve damage) and cardiovascular disease.
- Educate Hampton Roads patients, health professionals and the public about diabetes prevention and treatment topics, including:
- Signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Distinctions between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes risk factors
- Diabetes prevention