Graduates from an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency program are eligible for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program at EVMS.
The fellowship is open to U.S. citizens, permanent U.S. immigrants and international applicants as follows:
- Graduates from medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- EVMS will support ECFMG J-1 visa sponsorship for fellows enrolled in graduate medical education.
All fellows must comply with the EVMS graduate medical education office policies and procedures, including a criminal background check and a pre-employment health screening prior to starting the program.
All applicable licensure eligibility requirements must be fulfilled prior to starting the program.
The EVMS Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program participates in the National Residency Match Program, and only accepts applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The program does not accept direct applications or reference letters. Any unsolicited documents mailed directly will be discarded.
The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application and all supporting documents must be submitted through ERAS no later than September 1, 2016. Required supporting documents include:
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcripts
- USMLE/COMLEX transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s letter)
- Two letters of recommendation from physicians who have served in a direct supervisory capacity
- One letter of recommendation from a division head or department chair
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
Interviews of qualified applicants are conducted in September of each year prior to the match date.
- The selection process stringently evaluates performance on USMLE examinations, grades in preclinical and clinical courses, dean’s letters, letters of recommendation (3), communication skills and personal attributes
- Minimum score 200 or above on USMLE Step 1 and 2 on first attempt
- Must pass USMLE CS on first attempt. For osteopathic students, must pass National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME/COMLEX)
To how many programs should I apply? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBb1JbI0XS4
What should I look for when deciding where to apply? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=760s9L0vYMs
What do you look for in a fellowship application? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPzSOsiY-8