Eastern Virginia Medical School is located in the historic Ghent Community of Norfolk, VA. Norfolk itself offers a extensive list of activities and amenities in the area.
- Professional Sports Teams - Norfolk Tides & Norfolk Admirals as well as several college teams
- Museums & Cultural Arts including being home to the Chrysler Museum, Virginia Opera at the Harrison Opera House, & Virginia Stage Company at Wells Theatre
- Norfolk Zoo
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens
- Numerous Festivals
- Great Shopping including MacArthur Mall and many local vendors
- Amazing Nightlife
- Modern Transit System - Light Rail
Virginia Beach is located adjacent to Norfolk and is famous for beautiful weather and the oceanfront, but there is so much more!
- Extensive Recreation and Park System
- Year round local/club sport activities including the Sportsplex & Field Housefor both adult and family fun
- Virginia Beach Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Arts & Entertainment
- Local Food & Dining
- Award Winning Restraunts
- Local Farmers Markets including organic & U-pick
- Speciality Shopping
- The BEACH!
Beautiful Chesapeake is one of the largest cities in reference to land area and offers a variety of activities especially for the outdoorsman as well as beautiful city parks, dining, and shopping.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Festivals & Family Fun
Outlaying cities surrounding Eastern Virginia Medical School include the Pennisula Area of Hampton Roads as well as the Outerbanks (OBX). Even Washington D.C. & Baltimore are only several hours drive away.
- Newport News
- North Carolina Outerbanks (@ 75 miles/90 minute drive)