Welcome, Community Educators!
Eastern Virginia Medical School is an academic health center dedicated to achieving excellence in medical and health professions education, research and patient care.
Shaping Tomorrow’s Physicians and Health Professionals
EVMS is different. Since its earliest days, the health of the community has been the school's central focus. The school's mix of full-time faculty members work in concert with physicians and health-care professionals throughout the community to provide a well-rounded educational curriculum to a broad range of students in medical and health-professions programs. This mission cannot be fulfilled without the dedication and expertise that community preceptors volunteer to our students on a daily basis.
How You Can Help
EVMS has increased class sizes in our MD and PA programs in response to the workforce shortages in medicine throughout the country. As a result we need your help! The MD and Health Professions programs have a significant need for community preceptors. Your involvement can be tailored to your schedule from mentoring one student at a time or reshaping the delivery of care through integrating a team-approach by mentoring students from multiple programs together. Review our Community Educator Opportunities and let us know if you can help train the future of healthcare.
Benefits of Becoming a Community Educator
- Giving back to your profession
- Workforce Pipeline: Students are a great source of future employees
- Community Faculty Appointment
- Free subscription to Grand Rounds
- Teaching students keeps you current
- EVMS Brickell Library Privileges (online journals)
- Earn AMA PRA Category 2 Credit™
- Free Professional Development workshops
- Students bring enthusiasm, innovated ideas and technological expertise
For additional information on mentoring opportunities, please contact 757.446.7080 or email@example.com