Every Woman's Life
Every Woman's Life (EWL) is a program for uninsured and low income women in Norfolk and Portsmouth that helps provide access to FREE:
- breast and cervical screening exams
- pelvic exams
- Pap tests
- and other cancer screening services
Access to these screening exams and services offers early detection, improves treatment options, and greatly increases survival rates.
The EVMS EWL is a CDC-funded program and is one of 30 provider sites across the state. EWL also offers the Wise Woman program which provides high blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose screenings. It encourages women to become more physically active, eat healthier foods, and stop smoking.
To be eligible for the Every Woman's Life Program, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen
- a resident of Norfolk or Portsmouth
- have no health insurance, Medicaid, or Medicare
- meet age and income requirements.
Requirements change periodically; please call for current information.