Statement for Diversity
Eastern Virginia Medical School is an academic health center that recruits and supports a diverse faculty, professional staff and student body. Our guiding principles include:
- A commitment to diversity so that the mission and vision of our school can be realized.
- A belief that individual differences and experiences promote intellectual, innovative and collective contributions to teaching, learning, health care and scientific research.
- A belief that the individual and his/her ideas have value and merit and contribute to the missions of the school.
- A diverse faculty, staff and student body committed to enhancing the educational experience enables students to think more critically.
- A diverse educational environment will allow students to provide better care to patients from various backgrounds.
- A commitment to creating a physician, health professional, scientist and overall workforce that is reflective of the community in which we live.
Adopted February 14, 2012