Thriving in Our Missions: Our Roadmap for the Future
In November 2017, EVMS began a dynamic strategic-planning process to update our institutional priorities and establish our next set of strategic goals for the future.
Collectively and methodically, we will identify our strengths, consider our weaknesses from an internal and external perspective and determine where change is necessary and possible. With an eye toward the horizontal integration of each strategy and tactic, our planning principles include:
- Improve quality across mission areas
- Consider and integrate community partnerships as well as diversity and inclusion in goals when appropriate
- Identify and define deliverables
- Provide a return on investment
- Project and advance the national reputation of EVMS
- Require accountability
- Align with EVMS' mission, vision and diversity statements
- Consider priorities that demonstrate synergistic value across multiple mission areas
With accreditation visits from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) expected in 2020, this strategic planning process will focus on the educational enterprise, although all mission areas will be included.
Collaboration from faculty members, residents, students, staff and institutional stakeholders will help us determine where change is necessary and possible. A Steering Committee has been put together and is charged with vetting the proposals and guiding the creation of a plan that addresses each objective.
In total, four core areas will be addressed by subcommittees assigned to each (see links in adjacent column for more information):
Each subcommittee includes representation from a broad range of campus departments to ensure institutional resources and needs are thoroughly considered as proposals are developed and submitted to the Strategic Plan Steering Committee.