Emergency Student Loan
Story Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:19:00 EST
EMERGENCY STUDENT LOAN
When an EVMS Student is not local, they must complete the following in order to process the Emergency Student Loan (ESL) by email with scanned documents or fax:
- 1. Complete, review, sign, and date the "Student Emergency Loan Request" (print the note to sign and date).
-For repayment with Financial Aid (F/A) proceeds, please check the "Federal Financial Aid" box in the "method of payment" section.
-For repayment with a personal cash payment, please indicate "personal" in the "method/means of payment" section.
Please note: if an ESL is being scanned and emailed, only include the last four digits of the borrower social security number on the request form.
- 2. Complete, review, sign, and date, the "Student Emergency Loan Promissory Note" (print the note to sign and date).
- If you are repaying the note with a personal cash payment only, you are not required to complete page 2 of the Student Emergency Loan Promissory Note.
- For questions on how to complete the Promissory Note (repayment term and which semester to choose), please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- 3. For approval, scan and email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 757-446-7993.
- Within 2 business days, the Financial Aid office will notify you of the ESL's approval, denial, or if additional information is required.
- Upon F/A approval, the note is sent to the Student Loan Office (SLO) for processing. Processing occurs within 24 hours.
4. The SLO will send notification by EVMS email when an ESL is physically available for pick up. The email will include dates, and times, of pick up availability as well as the location.
- To have an ESL mailed, please respond to the ESL notification email sent by the SLO with the address the check should be sent.
- An ESL will not be released to, or mailed to, anyone other than the borrower.
Please note: if any item is illegible, left blank, or omitted, this could delay the processing of the ESL request and/or proper delivery and receipt.
Should you have questions, please contact: