Winter Storms are always a threat during the winter months to Eastern Virginia Medical School. Snow can affect power, roadways, and the ability to perform normal school functions. On December 26, 2010 Hampton Roads accumulated 14.2 inches of snow which forced the school to close for up to 72 hours.
- Prepare an Emergency Kit
- Winterize your vehicle and keep the gas tank full
- Insulate your home by installing plastic on the inside of your windows to keep cold air out
- Charge cell phones and other electronic devices in advance so they can be used to report an emergency
- Travel only if absolutely necessary. If you must travel, do so in daylight. Have emergency supplies in your vehicle.
- If you must go out, dress to fit the weather
For more information on Winter Storms preparedness click here.
For tips about Ice Storms click here.