EVMS strives to achieve the highest standard in community engagement through collaborations and partnerships with:
- Historically black colleges and universities, particularly Hampton University and Norfolk State University, to expand the pipeline into medicine and health professions.
- The Greater Norfolk Medical Society and Old Dominion Medical Society on enhanced mentoring for students and residents and exposure to health-care practice in the region.
- ROTC programs and military support groups to recruit active military and veterans into medicine and health professions programs and careers at EVMS. EVMS has attained a V3 (Virginia Values Veterans) Certificate for its commitment to recruit military into EVMS.
- The Urban League of Hampton Roads to engage community leaders around health equity.
- Community-based and faith-based organizations, such as the Hampton Roads Prostate Health Forum, to address health disparities.
- EVMS' M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health and EVMS Education on initiatives for service learning to enhance the education of EVMS students on social determinants of health and cultural competency.